Countdown until I lose it

Thursday, December 15, 2005

And then there were none...

For the last three days my office printer has been out of ink. Currently, my office has a very advanced system of keeping track of supplies. One woman in the office just orders large quantities of random supplies in the hopes it will meet the needs of our staff. It's not unlike hitting a pinata for office supplies.
Of course, three days ago when I discovered my black ink was empty and there were no replacements, I could have requested that ink be ordered. I didn't.
Today, I really needed to print something. I tried just printing in magenta, but, that didn't work. I looked through the pile of available printer ink for the 5th time -- no luck. I was desperate and came up with a plan.
I walked around the office and identified another printer that used the same type of ink cartridge. The person at that desk was out to lunch. I put my plan into action. It was easy -- I replaced my empty cartridge with her full cartridge and vice versa. I was back in business.
About an hour later I heard her complaining that she couldn't understand how her printer ink was out. She said that she had just replaced all four colors. Someone else suggested that perhaps her ink was stolen. I just couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

Pear said...

....couldn't stop laughing.

And either could I! Once again, a great story to end a day with. Thanks.