Countdown until I lose it

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Do good, get good

One of the students from my class started singing a little magic phrase yesterday, "Tum dee, dae dee". This phrase means, "do good, get good". Apparently in a society where everyone is seeking to make merit it helps to provide this reminder when bargaining for goods at market. However, I couldn't help but think about how it relates to everything. Over the past week I have observed a group of people work incredibly hard, stretch the limits of what they know and all in the service of children. As someone who thinks a lot about teachers and how they function I am left feeling very inspired but the thoughtfulness and effort being put forward by this group of educators. Surely, they have done good and hopefully they will get good.

No comments: