Countdown until I lose it

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Back to the gym!

I was ready to go and ran upstairs to get dressed for the gym. I reached into the drawer with neatly folded gym clothes that haven't been touched for months and pulled out a pair of comfy shorts. I double checked the size - large - to be sure they would still be comfy shorts and pulled them on. They were tight. Way tight. "I'm a pig", I thought. And almost decided to take a nap instead of going to the gym. But, instead, I pulled out the XLs, giant jog bra, Muppets t-shirt and left the house. As many of you know, leaving the house is a great accomplishment. It almost always means that you are actually going to the gym. I resisted the urge to go to the post office, supermarket, coffee shop and arrived at the Y. Here was my workout: 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes old fashioned stair master (the one where you actually climb stairs), 20 minutes new elliptical type machine. I had planned on doing 30 minutes of the old stair climber but forced myself to stay for 15 minutes before I switched machines. More than an hour of cardio - triathlon here I come.
Next day = 30 minutes high intensity cardio + 30 minutes lifting!
I refuse to buy more shorts in size XL so I am going to have to keep this going.

1 comment:

flawedperfection said...

Yay.. Tab!! I did 3 days this week myself, so I feel like I am getting the control over my body also. Its a struggle, but I am confident that both of us can do it!