Countdown until I lose it

Friday, November 18, 2005

Procrastination Station

I hesitate to admit that I am a procrastinator. This is actually a new hesitation. Actually, only a few years ago, I would admit it readily. It was the source of much self-depricating humor. But recently, there was some kind of article or TV special which painted procrastinators in a very bad light. I actually felt ashamed. My identity was rocked. I thought I was a procrastinator. But surely, I wasn't the low life, malcontent that was portrayed in this report. So, I have taken more time to decide who I am and how I fit into this world.

Now, I am faced with reinventing myself. Still, while I should be working on the results section of my dissertation, I am posting to a blog. However, I feel that this is something I need to do. Get it off my chest, allow others to relate to me and realize -- there is no shame in being a non-procrastinator who may or may not be putting off what should really be getting done. Ultimately, I don't think finding my identity can be put off any longer.

I don't feel badly for still having my pajamas on. It isn't even 10:00 a.m.. If it were noon, I would have a problem. But, at 10! Really, what could anyone say?

No comments: