Countdown until I lose it

Friday, November 25, 2005

Welcome to my Uterus


It's the big news -- the biggest in fact. It's the news that both begins and ends large parts of your life. There is a baby on the way. I wanted a baby. Quite frankly, I thought I would adopt a baby. But now, in my uterus is a growing little creature. At this moment it is less than an inch long, but has a heart beat of 143 beats per minute. So, this little tadpole seems to be doing alright.
Sometimes I am excited and sometimes I am terrified. I barely feel like I am different in any way right now, so I often find myself in disbelief or in the midst of making plans for the Summer. For instance, I still haven't told one of my colleagues who has staffed me to be in South Africa in July. I really want to go to South Africa to teach for a few weeks, but Steve doesn't think it would be safe to travel while I was so close to being due. I am due on July 11th. He's right, I know that. But still, I am hesitant to change anything about my current life or plans.
This week I will probably begin telling my friends. Some of you might just stumble upon this fabulous post. Either way, everything is going to change now. Hrumph! Oh man, this is going to take a little getting used to.
Either way, welcome to my uterus little creature.

1 comment:

flawedperfection said...

Tabby. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to buy your baby clothes! You and Steve are going to be the best parents. Congratulations!!!!:)